Seven Simple Steps To Web Wealth
A lot of people and companies have websites. They also have products and services
they want people to know about. Unfortunately, most of these people and companies
waste most of their time on things that don't help them to make money. Here are
seven areas to focus on that will help you make more money:
1. Remember that marketing is more important than what your product is. If you have
the greatest product ever and no one knows about it you won't make any money.
Direct response marketing online is very similar to direct response marketing offline.
90% of your time should be invested in marketing because nothing else will make you
money. Don't waste time figuring out how to do it right. Study the people who have
already spent time and money on learning what does and doesn't work. Then you can
spend more of your time on collecting cash.
2. You must have a back end product to make good money. The way to make the most
money is to first offer FREE information that is valuable. This will begin your
relationship with a customer. Then have a product that is under $50 for a front end.
Make sure the front end product is somehow connected to the back end product. For
example, if you sell a $10 book on shaving points off your golf score, you want to
have a back end product like a $300 course on the best proven techniques for the most
effective golf swing ever.
3. Your product needs to be valuable to your customers. They need to believe that
what they receive is worth a lot more than what they paid for it. That will make them
a life-long customer. Sell them something worthless and they will be unhappy and they
will be gone forever. Sell products you believe in or don't sell anything.
4. Give your customers FREE bonuses and more than you promised. Under promise and
over deliver. Make your customers say "Wow!" when they receive your products. Don't
just make them happy, blow their minds with how much value they get from you.
There are thousands of low cost bonus products you can throw in as a thank you. Even
better, these low cost bonuses can make your customers a lot of money and they will
appreciate you more. Besides, it's more ethical and fun and creative to build in great
extras and bonuses for people. The bottom line is the more you give the more you get.
5. Get opt-in e-mail addresses. This is like gold for you. The only real purpose for
a consumer website is to capture leads and to sell products. By leads I mean e-mail
addresses. You want to build up a customer list and then you want to work it
repeatedly. Send out a monthly e-zine that offers FREE valuable information and
mentions similar products they may be interested in. They may see something that a
friend of theirs will want to buy from you.
The key here is that these people ask to be on your list, you give them FREE
information that has value, and they can unsubscribe at any time.
6. Build a relationship. It is much easier to sell someone who has had a good
experience with you than someone who has never heard of you. Most companies ignore
this fact and spend thousands of dollars each month trying to bring in new customers
while they ignore people who already bought from them. Pretty stupid, but that's how
most businesses operate.
7. Never stop learning. The best and richest marketers in the business spend the most
amount of money buying books, tapes and courses that keep them on the cutting edge.
Why? Because no one knows it all and new and better ways to market are discovered every day.
There is a lot of valuable FREE information available online that is easy to find and
can make you a lot of money. One good idea can be worth hundreds or thousands of
dollars in future sales for you. So invest in yourself and your future.
These seven simple steps can mean the difference between struggling to stay in
business and struggling to keep up with all the orders coming in. Which struggle
would you prefer?
Sopan Greene, M.A. is a marketing & life coach & editor of the Net Profits
newsletter. Get 2 FREE eBooks & a FREE report: "Million Dollar Emails","How To Start Your
Own Traffic Virus" & "The 13 Deadly Internet Marketing Mistakes Almost Every Business Is
More General Web Design:
• Excuse Me, May I Borrow Your Passwords?
• Ten Tips for Choosing a Good Domain Name
• Why You Should Register Multiple Domain Names
• Integrating Advertising into Your Web Design
• Top Tips for Web Design
• The Importance of Color in Web Design
• Eight Tips for the Newbie Web Designer
• So, You Want To Be A Web Designer?
• How To Build A Web Site That Sells
• OpenCart is an Open Source Online Store Management System