Windows 10 New Storage View
By Stephen Bucaro
If you download lots of music and videos, rather than fill up your main hard drive, you may have
designated a separate drive just for these items. Windows 10 new Storage view makes it easy
to direct specific types of media files to your designated drive.
To access Storage view, in Windows 10 StartSettings.
In the Settings menu that appears, click on System. In the System submenu, click on Storage.
The upper part of Storage view displays the capacity and the amount used of each of the system's
storage devices. The lower part of Storage view allows you to select a different destination for a
specific type of file.
After selecting the desired drive in the drop down list under the type of file, click on the [Apply]
button that appears. Now, in File Manager, the destination storage device for this type of file will be
the device that you configured.
More Windows Administration Information:
• How to Share a Printer
• Msconfig - Microsoft's Secret Weapon to Increase Your Computer's Speed
• Computer Technician's Guide to Electronics Disposal and Recycling
• To Protect Your PC Disable the Windows Scripting Host
• Network Security Through the Principle of Least Privilege
• Disable Programs That Run at Startup on Windows 10
• What Is Virtualization and What Are the Benefits?
• Disable Indexing to Speed Up Your Computer
• How to Share a Folder in Windows 7
• Microsoft Licensing Explained