Windows 10 New Storage View
By Stephen Bucaro
If you download lots of music and videos, rather than fill up your main hard drive, you may have
designated a separate drive just for these items. Windows 10 new Storage view makes it easy
to direct specific types of media files to your designated drive.
To access Storage view, in Windows 10 StartSettings.
In the Settings menu that appears, click on System. In the System submenu, click on Storage.
The upper part of Storage view displays the capacity and the amount used of each of the system's
storage devices. The lower part of Storage view allows you to select a different destination for a
specific type of file.
After selecting the desired drive in the drop down list under the type of file, click on the [Apply]
button that appears. Now, in File Manager, the destination storage device for this type of file will be
the device that you configured.
More Windows Administration Information:
• How to Change Process Priorities in Windows Task Manager
• Planning a Backup and Restoration of Files for Disaster Recovery
• Understanding Windows 7 Security Center
• Disable Cutesy Effects to Speed Up Windows 10
• Configure Windows Indexing Service for Performance
• How to Transfer a Large Amount of Data Between Two Windows 10 Computers
• Firewall Rules
• Script to Identify Your Systems HAL
• Free Tool to Uninstall Windows 10 Store Apps
• How to Disable Windows 10 OneDrive