Windows 10 New Storage View
By Stephen Bucaro
If you download lots of music and videos, rather than fill up your main hard drive, you may have
designated a separate drive just for these items. Windows 10 new Storage view makes it easy
to direct specific types of media files to your designated drive.
To access Storage view, in Windows 10 StartSettings.
In the Settings menu that appears, click on System. In the System submenu, click on Storage.
The upper part of Storage view displays the capacity and the amount used of each of the system's
storage devices. The lower part of Storage view allows you to select a different destination for a
specific type of file.
After selecting the desired drive in the drop down list under the type of file, click on the [Apply]
button that appears. Now, in File Manager, the destination storage device for this type of file will be
the device that you configured.
More Windows Administration Information:
• Restrict Web Browsing With Internet Explorer
• Application, Program, Process, Service, Thread; What Does it All Mean?
• Common Issues With Windows Firewall
• How to Manually Register DLL in Microsoft Windows
• Script to Display the Processes Running on a Computer
• WSH to Master Your Computer
• Video - Microsoft Remote Desktop - Part Two
• Computer Technician's Guide to Dealing with Customers
• Uncomplicated AD Object Management on a Remote Server Domain
• How to Setup DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) on a Windows Server