Disable Programs That Run at Startup on Windows 10
By Stephen Bucaro
Some programs start at the same time you start your computer. This is usually to pre-load
parts of the program so that when you run it, it loads faster. But this can cause your
computer to start slower, and because these pre-loaded programs stake out a portion of
memory, they can cause your computer to run slower too.
If you only ocationally use a program, there is no need to have it pre-load every time
you start your computer. You can individually disable any programs from starting every
time you start your computer.
1. Simultaneously press the [Alt][Ctrl][Del] keys, and in the menu that appears, click on Task Manager.
2. In the Task Manager window that appears, click on the Startup tab.
3. To stop a program from launching at startup, click on the name of the program to select
it, then click on the [Disable] button.
Disabling a program at startup does not prevent you from running it when you want to.
However it many take a little longer to load the first time you use it.
More Windows Administration Information:
• How to Setup a VPN Between Two Computers
• Turn Off Windows 10 Snap and Shake
• What Is Virtualization and What Are the Benefits?
• Disable Automatic Wireless Configuration in Windows 7
• WSH to Master Your Computer
• Computer Data Backups - Test Now or Cry Later
• Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
• How to Harden a Server
• For Quick Information About System - DOS Systeminfo Command