Vista - Restore Deleted Recycle Bin
By Stephen Bucaro
If you accidentally or purposely deleted the Recycle Bin icon from your desktop,
or if it disappeared for unknown reasons, you can easily get it back. To restore the
Recycle Bin icon to your desktop, follow the steps below.
1. Right-click on a blank space on your desktop and, in the popup menu that appears,
2. In the "Personalize appearance and sounds" windows that appears, in the left
pane, Click on "Change desktop icons".
3. In the "Desktop Icons Settings" dialog box, set the checkbox next to "Recycle Bin"
and click on the [OK] button.
The Recycle Bin icon will now appear on your desktop.
More Windows Tips:
• Disable Windows 7 Automatic Resizing and Docking
• Synchronize Your Computer's Clock With an Internet Time Server
• Change Explorer's Thumbnail Size
• How to Remove Metadata From Files in Windows 7
• Windows Mouse Dead? - How to Get Around Windows Without the Rodent
• Turn Off Windows 7 Taskbar Preview Thumbnails
• Where Did My Recycle Bin Go?
• Know Your Keyboard Shortcuts
• How to Free Some Hard Drive Space
• Customize Internet Explorer's Security