Vista - Restore Deleted Recycle Bin
By Stephen Bucaro
If you accidentally or purposely deleted the Recycle Bin icon from your desktop,
or if it disappeared for unknown reasons, you can easily get it back. To restore the
Recycle Bin icon to your desktop, follow the steps below.
1. Right-click on a blank space on your desktop and, in the popup menu that appears,
2. In the "Personalize appearance and sounds" windows that appears, in the left
pane, Click on "Change desktop icons".
3. In the "Desktop Icons Settings" dialog box, set the checkbox next to "Recycle Bin"
and click on the [OK] button.
The Recycle Bin icon will now appear on your desktop.
More Windows Tips:
• How to Determine if You have 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7
• Uninstall Windows Media Player 10 and Start Enjoying Your Media Again
• Delete Does Not Erase a File
• Most Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
• Disable Hibernation in Windows 7
• How to Write Protect a File
• Steps to Fix a Wet Laptop
• Configure Your Keyboard's Typomatic Functions
• Create Your Own Custom Screen Saver with Windows Built-in Slideshow
• Synchronize Your Computer's Clock With an Internet Time Server