Vista - Restore Deleted Recycle Bin
By Stephen Bucaro
If you accidentally or purposely deleted the Recycle Bin icon from your desktop,
or if it disappeared for unknown reasons, you can easily get it back. To restore the
Recycle Bin icon to your desktop, follow the steps below.
1. Right-click on a blank space on your desktop and, in the popup menu that appears,
2. In the "Personalize appearance and sounds" windows that appears, in the left
pane, Click on "Change desktop icons".
3. In the "Desktop Icons Settings" dialog box, set the checkbox next to "Recycle Bin"
and click on the [OK] button.
The Recycle Bin icon will now appear on your desktop.
More Windows Tips:
• Know Your Keyboard Shortcuts
• Windows 10 File Explorer Ribbon
• Make the Insertion Point Cursor More Visible
• Change the Default Program for a File Type
• Turn Off Windows 7 Taskbar Preview Thumbnails
• Add a Folder to the Windows 7 Taskbar
• Uninstall Windows Live Messenger From Windows 7
• How to Fix a Scratched CD
• Where Did My Recycle Bin Go?
• Put a Help and Support Center Shortcut on Your Desktop