Vista - Restore Deleted Recycle Bin
By Stephen Bucaro
If you accidentally or purposely deleted the Recycle Bin icon from your desktop,
or if it disappeared for unknown reasons, you can easily get it back. To restore the
Recycle Bin icon to your desktop, follow the steps below.
1. Right-click on a blank space on your desktop and, in the popup menu that appears,
2. In the "Personalize appearance and sounds" windows that appears, in the left
pane, Click on "Change desktop icons".
3. In the "Desktop Icons Settings" dialog box, set the checkbox next to "Recycle Bin"
and click on the [OK] button.
The Recycle Bin icon will now appear on your desktop.
More Windows Tips:
• Turn Off the User Account Control
• How to Remove Metadata From Files in Windows 7
• How to Fully Customize your Desktop
• Disable Taskbar Button Grouping
• How to Fax Documents Using Windows XP
• Put a Shortcut to Create a Restore Point on Your Desktop
• Disable Windows 7 Wireless Configuration Manager Service (WLAN AutoConfig)
• Display Multiple Clocks in Windows 7 Taskbar
• Windows Desktop Themes
• Add a Folder to the Windows 7 Taskbar