How-to Capture the Computer's Screen
By Stephen Bucaro
Want to save a picture of your computer's screen? Just press the [Print Screen] key
located in the upper-right corner of your keyboard. The Print Screen key does not
send an image of the screen to the printer, as you would assume, instead it sends
an image of the screen to the "Clipboard".
• If you press [Alt] - [Print Screen], Windows copies only the active window
(the window on top with the highlighted title bar) to the Clipboard.
Then in Windows Paint program, or your favorite graphics editor, in the Edit menu choose
Paste to paste the contents of the Clipboard to an image file that you can print and/or save.
In Windows Paint program you can use the mouse to define a rectangular area of an
image, then in the Edit menu choose Copy To... to save that area as an image file.
If you would like even more control over screen capture, download Wisdom Software's
freeware screen capture tool, which lets you capture a rectangular area of the screen
you define with your mouse.
More Windows Tips:
• Disable "Hard Disk Turn Off" to Speed Up Windows XP
• Configure Windows Taskbar
• How-to Capture the Computer?s Screen
• Why My Office Files Do Not Open
• How to Configure Windows 7 Autoplay
• Change Your PC's Name
• Stop Desktop Icons from Randomly Refreshing
• Disable Media Player Network sharing
• Where Did Firefox Put My Download?
• Vista - Restore Deleted Recycle Bin