To delete a node on a segment:
1. Click on the "Edit path by nodes" tool button.
2. Then click on the object to select the nodes.
3. Click on the node you wish to delete in order to select it. Note that the selected node is highlighted.
4. Click on the "Delete selected nodes" button on the tool bar to delete the selected node.
The remaining nodes adjacent to the one you deleted will now be connected with a Bezier curve.
5. With the "Edit path by nodes" tool selected, drag the segment shaping handles to adjust the shape of the segment between the two remaining adjacent nodes.
More Graphics Design Tips:
• SVG Code for Outlined Letters Text
• Inkscape - How to Join Two Segments at Endnodes
• Krita Paint plus Vector Drawing Portable Application
• Inkscape Text Kerning
• SVG Image Clipping
• Introduction to X3D (Extensible 3D)
• Inkscape: Combine the Paths of Multiple Shapes
• Example Code for X3Dom Basic Primitive Shapes: Box, Sphere, Cylinder, Cone, and Torus
• SVG For Responsive Web Design
• How to Create a Game App