Inkscape - How to Delete a Node
By Stephen Bucaro
To delete a node on a segment:
1. Click on the "Edit path by nodes"
2. Then click on the object to select the nodes.
3. Click on the node you wish to delete in order to select it. Note that the selected node is highlighted.
4. Click on the "Delete selected nodes"
button on the tool bar to delete the selected node.
The remaining nodes adjacent to the one you deleted will now be connected with a Bezier curve.
5. With the "Edit path by nodes" tool selected, drag the segment shaping handles to adjust the
shape of the segment between the two remaining adjacent nodes.
More Graphics Design Tips:
• Inkscape Basic Fill
• Inkscape: Combine the Paths of Multiple Shapes
• Free Animated GIF Maker
• Inkscape Circles, Ellipses, and Arcs Drawing Tutorial
• How to Place Greek Letters in an Inkscape Drawing
• SVG Example Code to Scale Elements
• Inscape Text in a Shape
• Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional
• Paint.Net Ink Sketch, Oil Painting, and Pencil Sketch Artistic Effects