How to Place Greek Letters in an Inkscape Drawing
By Stephen Bucaro
Sometimes in a drawing, you need a character other than the English alphabet and
numbers. For example star maps always use Greek characters to label the stars. Here
is how you place Greek letters in an Inkscape Drawing.
1. In the Start menu, navigate to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click on Character Map.
2. In the Character Map dialog box, scroll to and click on the character
you want. Then click on the [Select] button.
The character will appear in the Characters to copy: text box and a description
of the character will appear at the bottom of the Character Map dialog box. Note each
time you click on the [Select] button another copy of the selected character will
appear in the Characters to copy: text box, but you can easily edit the text box.
3. Click on the [Copy] button. Any character(s) in the Characters to copy:
text box will be placed in the copy buffer.
4. In Inkscape's toolbox, click on the text tool, and click in the drawing area
where you want the character to appear.
5. In Inkscape's main menu, select Edit | Paste.
6. The character from the Character Map dialog box will appear in the drawing.
After you have pasted the character(s) you need into the drawing, you can click on
the select tool (arrow) and on a character to resize or relocate the character as required.
More Graphics Design Tips:
• How to Remove PNG and JPEG EXIF Metadata
• Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional
• Inkscape - How to Use Bitmap Image Fill Pattern
• Basic Inkscape Text
• Pencil Free Open Source Cartoon Animation Drawing Program
• Inkscape Circles, Ellipses, and Arcs Drawing Tutorial
• How to Use Basic Linear Gradients in Inkscape
• SVG Image Clipping
• How to Create a Simple Video with Windows Movie Maker
• Inkscape Layers and Z-Order