How to Place Greek Letters in an Inkscape Drawing
By Stephen Bucaro
Sometimes in a drawing, you need a character other than the English alphabet and
numbers. For example star maps always use Greek characters to label the stars. Here
is how you place Greek letters in an Inkscape Drawing.
1. In the Start menu, navigate to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click on Character Map.
2. In the Character Map dialog box, scroll to and click on the character
you want. Then click on the [Select] button.
The character will appear in the Characters to copy: text box and a description
of the character will appear at the bottom of the Character Map dialog box. Note each
time you click on the [Select] button another copy of the selected character will
appear in the Characters to copy: text box, but you can easily edit the text box.
3. Click on the [Copy] button. Any character(s) in the Characters to copy:
text box will be placed in the copy buffer.
4. In Inkscape's toolbox, click on the text tool, and click in the drawing area
where you want the character to appear.
5. In Inkscape's main menu, select Edit | Paste.
6. The character from the Character Map dialog box will appear in the drawing.
After you have pasted the character(s) you need into the drawing, you can click on
the select tool (arrow) and on a character to resize or relocate the character as required.
More Graphics Design Tips:
• Inscape Text in a Shape
• Graphics File Formats for Your Web Page
• Inkscape - How to Use Bitmap Image Fill Pattern
• Create GIF Animations With Free GIMP Image Editing Program
• Graphic Design Meets Open Source
• SVG Code to Translate a Rectangle and Text
• Inkscape Circles, Ellipses, and Arcs Drawing Tutorial
• Inkscape - How to Join Two Segments at Endnodes
• Stop Motion Animation: Nine Creative and Easy Techniques
• How to Make a Simple Animated Banner in Flash CS3