Inkscape - How to Join Two Segments at Endnodes
To combine two different paths into one path, you need to join the endnode of one
path to the endnode of the other path. To join two endnodes, overlap the two endnodes
on top of each other, then combine the paths, then join the endnodes. These steps
assume that you have already drawn two line segments e.g. using the Bezier Curves
and straight lines tool.
1. Use the Edit path nodes tool
to overlap the endnode of one path on top of the endnode of the other path. The more
accurately they overlap the more successful the node joining will be. You may need to
zoom in to get greater accuracy.
2. Use the Select objects tool to draw a box around both segments.
3. In the main menu select Path | Combine.
4. With the combined segments still selected, click on the Edit path nodes tool
to display all nodes in both segments.
5. With the Edit path nodes tool still selected, draw a box around the nodes
that you want to join. (The box outline may not appear, but the endnodes have been selected).
6. Click on the Join selected endnodes button
in the toolbar.