Up until very recently the idea of publishing your own syndicated content site was something only large corporations and media agencies included in their business plans. Now, it's realistic to expect you can make money blogging on almost any niche market you choose.
The concept of publishing content via really simple syndication - a standard publishing format subscription-based content which serves as the basis for blogging has been around for many years, but only recently has the news that blogging can help your search engine indexing and ranking.
In fact, before you launch your own online business, it is smart to first build a presence and reputation with the search engines leading to traffic generation and momentum before you launch your business. In some cases, your main goal will be to directly make money blogging, while in other cases the goal will be to drive income from other sources by using your blog as a main entry point for traffic.
Let's look at how your blog can help you make money online.
1. Getting your sites recognized and indexed frequently by the search engines is one way to make money blogging. Now, getting indexed doesn't mean you will rank highly, so even though blogging is important, what you really want is for some of your blog postings and/or articles to be picked up by quality sites with existing SE reputation so you can begin to move yourself up the ranking.
2. By posting quality content with personality, you will not only gain new eyeballs, but your readers will come back frequently to be informed and entertained. You want repeat visitors and links to you from other blogs and content sites to help you achieve critical mass for your blog.
3. Once you achieve a few hundred daily visitors, you can begin to "monetize" your blog by adding in links to related affiliate products, links back to your own products or services, ads served through either Pay-per-click such as Google Adsense or other ad serving agencies such as Text Link Ads.
4. As your blog grows, the ways to make money blogging can expand quickly as potential partners will seek you out knowing that you have a loyal reader base that can help them move product AND you can begin to entertain the idea of brokering your own ads instead of using ad agencies, where you only get a portion of the ad revenue.
To Make Money Blogging, You Must Generate Content
Many of the top online bloggers post daily (if not multiple posts each day) to maintain traffic and interest in their blogs.
In the beginning at least, you will have to follow this pattern.
To make money blogging your blog must also be targeted toward a specific niche market, which brings up the idea of how directed your content must be toward specific keywords.
Do you organize your posts around keyword phrases, or do you just write away and let the search engines have their day?
What we have found most effective is to create a useful, interesting blog posting and then look at how I can squeeze a keyword focus into that posting. Those who make money blogging all have informative information with personality.
That way, you are not writing to satisfy a keyword phrase, but rather fitting it in later. Most times that is possible without changing the character of the post, other times it's not and that's ok.
Here are some things you can blog about...
• Your own experiences, case studies and stories about your topic
• Comment on news stories, you'll find them by searching news aggregators such as Yahoo News or Google News
• Offer up a simple tip or technique about your topic that will help your reader
• Post a question to solicit comments and get a discussion going
• Offer your opinion on how your topic could relate to a major news or current event item
To make money blogging you need to have lots of ideas. That's where bloggers often struggle, where do they find ideas to blog about each and every day?
If you are running out of ideas, then search other sites, look at magazines related to your topic, talk to someone about your topic and paraphrase your conversation, think about something controversial, search the web for health related implications of your topic - any of these techniques can tweak ideas and give you your next topic for posting.
Discover The Ultimate Collection of Techniques, Strategies, Tools, Templates and Personal Guidance On Turning Information Into Your Own High-Paid Online Information Marketing Machine. Visit Jeff Smith
Learn more at amazon.com