Make the Insertion Point Cursor More Visible
By Stephen Bucaro
Much of my work is with text files, and after many hours at the computer, my eyes get
tired of searching for the blinking insertion point cursor. If you have the same problem,
it's very easy to increase the thickness of the insertion point cursor so that you can
find it with ease.
1. Select Start | Control Panel. In Control Panel, select Ease of Access Center.
2. In Ease of Access Center click on "Optimize Visual Display", a list of options
will appear under the title "Make the computer easier to see".
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the list, and under "Make things on the screen easier to see",
use the drop-down list next to "Set the thickness of the blinking cursor:". You'll notice a
Preview box to the right of the down-list.
4. When the Preview appears as you desire, click on the [Save] button. Then close
the Ease of Access Center window.
Note: the new more visible insertion point cursor will not only appear in Microsoft
applications, also in OpenOffice.org Writer.
More Windows Tips:
• Show Desktop Icon Gives Quick Access to Desktop Icons
• How to Fix a Scratched CD
• Where Did Firefox Put My Download?
• View Your Windows Update Log
• Uninstall Windows Media Player 10 and Start Enjoying Your Media Again
• Where Did My Recycle Bin Go?
• Disable "Hard Disk Turn Off" to Speed Up Windows XP
• How to Repair a Damaged Excel File
• How to Remove a DVD or CD that's Stuck in the Drive
• How to Add and Remove Desktop Gadgets