Make the Insertion Point Cursor More Visible
By Stephen Bucaro
Much of my work is with text files, and after many hours at the computer, my eyes get
tired of searching for the blinking insertion point cursor. If you have the same problem,
it's very easy to increase the thickness of the insertion point cursor so that you can
find it with ease.
1. Select Start | Control Panel. In Control Panel, select Ease of Access Center.
2. In Ease of Access Center click on "Optimize Visual Display", a list of options
will appear under the title "Make the computer easier to see".
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the list, and under "Make things on the screen easier to see",
use the drop-down list next to "Set the thickness of the blinking cursor:". You'll notice a
Preview box to the right of the down-list.
4. When the Preview appears as you desire, click on the [Save] button. Then close
the Ease of Access Center window.
Note: the new more visible insertion point cursor will not only appear in Microsoft
applications, also in OpenOffice.org Writer.
More Windows Tips:
• Create a Shortcut to the Windows 10 Print Queue
• The Secret to Passing the Microsoft Office Specialist Exams
• How to Fully Customize your Desktop
• Disable Hibernation in Windows 7
• How to Free Some Hard Drive Space
• Google Apps vs Microsoft Office 365: Which is Best for Your Business?
• Turn Off Windows 7 Taskbar Preview Thumbnails
• Disable Media Player Network sharing
• Change the Default Program for a File Type
• How to Set up an Ftp Server on Windows Xp Professional