Make the Insertion Point Cursor More Visible
By Stephen Bucaro
Much of my work is with text files, and after many hours at the computer, my eyes get
tired of searching for the blinking insertion point cursor. If you have the same problem,
it's very easy to increase the thickness of the insertion point cursor so that you can
find it with ease.
1. Select Start | Control Panel. In Control Panel, select Ease of Access Center.
2. In Ease of Access Center click on "Optimize Visual Display", a list of options
will appear under the title "Make the computer easier to see".
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the list, and under "Make things on the screen easier to see",
use the drop-down list next to "Set the thickness of the blinking cursor:". You'll notice a
Preview box to the right of the down-list.
4. When the Preview appears as you desire, click on the [Save] button. Then close
the Ease of Access Center window.
Note: the new more visible insertion point cursor will not only appear in Microsoft
applications, also in OpenOffice.org Writer.
More Windows Tips:
• Configuring Sound for Windows Events
• Configure Windows 7 File Contents Searching
• Create a Shortcut to the Windows 10 Print Queue
• Remove Windows Components You Don't Need
• Configure Recycle Bin to Immediately Delete Files
• Google Apps vs Microsoft Office 365: Which is Best for Your Business?
• How to Add or Remove Items from Send to Menu
• Create a Shortcut to Task Manager
• Why My Office Files Do Not Open
• Google Apps vs Office 365