Save Ink When Printing
By Stephen Bucaro
Because of Unmitigated price gouging, printer ink is very expensive. An ink cartridge
for a low end HP printer, containing only one tiny ounce of ink, costs a mind boggling $30.00!
However, most printers provide a mode that uses less ink to use when you don't need a
high quality print.
To select the ink saving mode, in Control Panel (Hardware group), open the
Printers and Faxes utility.
In the Printers and Faxes utility, left-click on the printer that you want to
set to ink saving mode. In the popup menu that appears, select Printing Preferences....
In the Printing Preferences dialog box that appears, select the Quality tab.
Set the print quality to Draft.
Every printer is different, but most printers provide an option to reduce the quality
of the print to save ink. After selecting the desired options, click on the [Apply] button,
and then the [OK] button.
More Windows Tips:
• Increase Windows 7 Notifiction Display Time
• VLC Free Open-Source Media Player
• Windows Mouse Dead? - How to Get Around Windows Without the Rodent
• How to Cancel a Print Job in Windows 10
• Windows 7 - Five Ways to Move or Copy Files or Folders
• Configure Windows Taskbar
• Uninstall Windows Media Player 10 and Start Enjoying Your Media Again
• How to Set up an Ftp Server on Windows Xp Professional
• How to Deal With a Windows Firewall Alert
• Stop Desktop Icons from Randomly Refreshing