Save Ink When Printing
By Stephen Bucaro
Because of Unmitigated price gouging, printer ink is very expensive. An ink cartridge
for a low end HP printer, containing only one tiny ounce of ink, costs a mind boggling $30.00!
However, most printers provide a mode that uses less ink to use when you don't need a
high quality print.
To select the ink saving mode, in Control Panel (Hardware group), open the
Printers and Faxes utility.
In the Printers and Faxes utility, left-click on the printer that you want to
set to ink saving mode. In the popup menu that appears, select Printing Preferences....
In the Printing Preferences dialog box that appears, select the Quality tab.
Set the print quality to Draft.
Every printer is different, but most printers provide an option to reduce the quality
of the print to save ink. After selecting the desired options, click on the [Apply] button,
and then the [OK] button.
More Windows Tips:
• Associating File Types
• Create Your Own Custom Taskbar Toolbar
• Speed Up Windows 10 by Disabling Trivial Visual Effects
• Synchronize Your Computer's Clock With an Internet Time Server
• Google Apps vs Microsoft Office 365: Which is Best for Your Business?
• How to Fix a Scratched CD
• Change Your PC's Name
• Change Internet Explorer's Default Search Engine
• Display Control Panel Utilities in Windows 7 Start Menu
• Customize the Quick Launch Toolbar