Save Ink When Printing
By Stephen Bucaro
Because of Unmitigated price gouging, printer ink is very expensive. An ink cartridge
for a low end HP printer, containing only one tiny ounce of ink, costs a mind boggling $30.00!
However, most printers provide a mode that uses less ink to use when you don't need a
high quality print.
To select the ink saving mode, in Control Panel (Hardware group), open the
Printers and Faxes utility.
In the Printers and Faxes utility, left-click on the printer that you want to
set to ink saving mode. In the popup menu that appears, select Printing Preferences....
In the Printing Preferences dialog box that appears, select the Quality tab.
Set the print quality to Draft.
Every printer is different, but most printers provide an option to reduce the quality
of the print to save ink. After selecting the desired options, click on the [Apply] button,
and then the [OK] button.
More Windows Tips:
• How to Deal With a Windows Firewall Alert
• How to Add and Remove Desktop Gadgets
• Make the Insertion Point Cursor More Visible
• How to Create a Microsoft Excel Database
• Show Desktop Icon Gives Quick Access to Desktop Icons
• How to Set up an Ftp Server on Windows Xp Professional
• Synchronize Your Computer's Clock With an Internet Time Server
• How to Fix a Scratched CD
• Block Popups in Chrome Browser
• How to Configure Windows 7 Autoplay