Save Ink When Printing
By Stephen Bucaro
Because of Unmitigated price gouging, printer ink is very expensive. An ink cartridge
for a low end HP printer, containing only one tiny ounce of ink, costs a mind boggling $30.00!
However, most printers provide a mode that uses less ink to use when you don't need a
high quality print.
To select the ink saving mode, in Control Panel (Hardware group), open the
Printers and Faxes utility.
In the Printers and Faxes utility, left-click on the printer that you want to
set to ink saving mode. In the popup menu that appears, select Printing Preferences....
In the Printing Preferences dialog box that appears, select the Quality tab.
Set the print quality to Draft.
Every printer is different, but most printers provide an option to reduce the quality
of the print to save ink. After selecting the desired options, click on the [Apply] button,
and then the [OK] button.
More Windows Tips:
• Disable Hibernation in Windows 7
• Backup Your Windows XP Activation Files
• Use ReadyBoost to Improve PC performance
• Change the Default Program for a File Type
• Create a Shortcut to the Windows 10 Print Queue
• Save Ink When Printing
• Change Internet Explorer's Default Search Engine
• Google Apps vs Office 365
• Change a Drive Letter
• Display Multiple Clocks in Windows 7 Taskbar