Change Explorer's Thumbnail Size
By Stephen Bucaro
If you're not already viewing thumbnails in Windows Explorer, Right-click in
an open area inside Windows Explorer and, in the popup menu that appears, select
View | Thumbnails. If you're not happy with the size or quality of the
thumbnails, you can use Tweak UI to reconfigure those properties.
Tweak UI is one of a group of utilities called "PowerToys" that you can
download from Microsoft's web site for free. TweakUI makes it easy to configure
several Windows Interface options that are difficult to find or are not
available in Control Panel.
Download from the 147 KB file TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe from
• PowerToys are not supported by Microsoft.
To install Tweak UI, double-click on downloaded file's name to start the
setup program. The setup program puts TweakUI.exe in the C:\WINDOWS\system32
folder and puts an item in the Start menu.
To run Tweak UI, select Start | Programs | Powertoys for Windows XP |
Tweak UI. In the left pane of the program's window, open the Explorer
branch and click on Thumbnails. In the right pane of the program's
window, use the spin control to set the thumbnail size and use the slider
control to set the thumbnails quality (sharpness).
• Configuring for large size, high-quality thumbnails may place a burden on your
computer's resources. Setting the size and quality is a compromise based your
system's capability and your visual requirements.
More Windows Tips:
• How To Build A Mortgage Calculator For Free in Microsoft Excel
• Change the Default Program for a File Type
• Video - How to Download Videos from YouTube
• View Your Windows Update Log
• How to Remove Metadata From Files in Windows 7
• Swap Mouse Buttons
• How to Fax Documents Using Windows XP
• Move a Window With Keyboard Arrow Keys
• Google Apps vs Office 365
• Change the Windows 7 Desktop Background