Inkscape - How to Add a New Node
By Stephen Bucaro
To add a new node on a segment use the Insert new nodes button on the Edit path
nodes tool control bar. These steps assume that you have already drawn a segment e.g. using
the Bezier Curves and straight lines tool.
1. Click on the Edit path nodes tool button
and then click on the segment to select the segment.
2. Drag a box around the segment (or two adjacent nodes on the segment) to select both nodes.
3. Click on the Insert new nodes button
on the tool bar to insert a new node between the two selected nodes.
• Clicking on the Insert new nodes button with three nodes
selected will add two new nodes to the segment between the three selected nodes.
Clicking on the Insert new nodes button with four nodes selected will add three
new nodes to the segment between the four selected nodes, and so on.
• Immediately after creating a new node, while it's still selected,
you may as well click on the menu button to change it to a corner node,
which is more flexible than the default symmetric node, which can be used
to avoid kinks in your multi-segment lines.
More Graphics Design Tips:
• SVG Image Clipping
• How to De-haze a Photo with GIMP
• SVG Image Masking
• Inkscape Exercise: Draw Photorealistic Sphere
• SVG Matrix Transform Example Code
• Inkscape Text Kerning
• Inkscape - How to Join Two Segments at Endnodes
• How to Trace an Image Using Inkscape
• Graphic Design Meets Open Source
• Inkscape - How to Delete a Node