The problem is, some of us don't realize the value of the hobbies we are creating. People flock to craft shows from all over just to see and purchase many of the "hobbies" that we have. What a great thing to be paid for what you love to do!
Here are 5 popular hobbies that you can turn into craft show profits:
1. Painting - People are often looking for interesting pieces of art to compliment the rooms in their home. It is not unusual for some art to go for $50, $75 or even $100 or more per piece!
2. Woodworking - Woodworker create a variety of wonderful crafts - everything from furniture to birdhouses, and these have a wonderful value at craft shows. People usually believe that handmade crafts are much better quality than similar items that are made in a factory or other setting.
3. Knitting - If you are a power knitter and you can pump out socks, hats, scarves and sweaters, people are willing to pay a fortune for these items. Crochet is very similar. If you can come up with enough pieces for a craft show, you might be able to turn a serious profit from your knitting.
4. Photography - Very similar to the painting, people look for artistic images to compliment certain areas of their home. If you have an eye for wonderful photographic images, and you are handy with a camera, you can turn this popular pastime into a profitable craft show venture.
5. Seamstress - Got an eye for fashion? Maybe you have a few nifty ideas for great garments for people to wear. Some people can create entire outfits overnight, and they could turn it into a nice cottage industry on the craft show circuit.
These are just five examples of hobbies that you can turn into profitable craft show opportunities. You may take part in some of these hobbies, or you may have your own hobby that you enjoy. If you are looking to make a little extra money in the craft show world, you might want to consider taking a look at how you can make a profit with your hobby!
And don't discount the idea of working with someone who has a profitable hobby but doesn't know how to sell their works. If you have the craftshow knowhow and your friend can crank out the products, you might both be better off as partners.
Natalie Goyette shows you how to make your craft show business profitable in her best selling ebook: Craft Show Success Secrets. Visit her site: [craftshowsuccess.com parked domain].
Learn more at amazon.com