Image Processing Filters - How to Sharpen a Photograph
By Stephen Bucaro
Do you have a blurry image that you would like to sharpen? Most image editing
applications provide an image sharpen function. If you don't already have an image
editing application, you can either pay over $100 for Adobe Photoshop, or you
can download the free Paint.NET
image editing application for Windows.
Image sharpening works scanning through the pixels of the image and performing a
mathematical matrix operation on each pixel. The formula uses the color and intensity
of the pixel, along with the color and intensity of the surrounding pixels to
calculate how much to increase the contrast of the target pixel.
Adjusting the amount of sharpening sets amount to adjust the contrast, and the size
of the area of surrounding pixels to use in the calculation.
Be aware that too much sharpening can increase the amount of noise in the image.
More Graphics Design Tips:
• Inkscape - How to Use Bitmap Image Fill Pattern
• SVG Image Clipping
• Image Scanning - Confused About DPI?
• Inkscape Circles, Ellipses, and Arcs Drawing Tutorial
• SVG Example Code to Skew Elements
• Inkscape Basics
• Building an Image with a Logo
• Pencil Free Open Source Cartoon Animation Drawing Program
• How to Use Basic Linear Gradients in Inkscape